Postings will be available for 60 days on this page. To post a position for longer than 60 days, please resubmit it. If a position closes sooner than 60 days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have it removed. Thank you!
Spray Enclosure Technologies, Inc.
Spray Tech, a leading spray booth manufacturing company based in Rialto, California is seeking a full-time Purchasing Agent to join our team. This is an active and engaging work environment with opportunities for advancement. The ideal candidate will have experience in purchasing and inventory management.
The main role of the position includes managing materials and providing support to the Production Department. This is a high visibility role where you will frequently interact with various departments at all levels. Responsibilities include creating, monitoring and expediting purchase orders for domestic and imported parts required to support customer orders and inventory stock target levels. Also responsible for performing inventory planning activities, including analysis of history, trends and forecasts, creating, maintaining and running managerial and department reports and miscellaneous query reports. Using information from multiple sources to create reports in order to conduct analysis and determine what products and quantities to order and/or expedite. Participate in new product launch project planning activities. Creating work orders and processing inventory adjustments.
- Manage Plant inventories through review of reorder summaries, generating purchase orders to our suppliers and monitoring of company inventories.
- Adheres to purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Carries out warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Uses knowledge of material work planning and methods engineering processes and procedures to coordinate product deliveries.
- Negotiates best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Follow up of the purchasing process (receipt of order confirmations, check of delivery date, actual receipt/execution) and provide feedback to the internal customer.
- Manage cycle count program to process, track and monitor inventory adjustments on a daily basis.
- Must follow through with requests in a timely and efficient manner. Also must clearly document all actions in the system.
- Able to research any delivery and/or invoicing issues and discrepancies with our ERP System. Must work with accounting to resolve these issues.
- Work closely with shipping and receiving department to ensure correct and timely resolution of material and service receipts.
- Process work orders.
- Performs administrative tasks involved in the order entry, printing, organizing, tracking and closing of Shop Jobs.
- Performs administrative tasks involved in creating and updating part numbers which includes recognizing both inventory and purchasing GL codes
Candidate must be willing to work in a safe, fast paced, team oriented environment. Follow all safety rules and maintain a clean working environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic thinking, organization and planning, detail oriented and able to work under minimal supervision or guidance
- Must be computer literate with experience in Excel, Word, Microsoft Office, scanners, copiers and fax machines
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment physical
- Flexible to work overtime and weekends when needed
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- High school diploma or GED – Degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a progressive environment with experience in aspects of warehouse, stockroom, production and material management from data entry to inventory management
- Material Management/Purchasing Experience Required – (metal)
- Lean experience a must
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is an hourly, full time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm, 40 hours per week. Some overtime and weekends available.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Contact Jay Wheeler – email@example.com
Lock Search Group
Production & Logistics Manager
Our client is a leading producer in the cannabis cultivation and production industry. They have retained Mark Tinkler of Lock Search Group to assist them in their search for a Production & Logistics Manager to lead their team at their facility located in south eastern Arizona.
The candidate must be completely eligible to work in the United States – no sponsorship opportunity.
Overview of Position:
The Production & Logistics Manager will be responsible for the organization and oversight of the production & distribution of products. This position will manage inventory, distribution, and packaging departments to ensure all operations are running efficiently and are in accordance with SOPs and in compliance with AZDHS state laws and regulations.
• Coordinate communication between various departments regarding production
• Provide hands on leadership to Inventory, Packaging and Distribution departments
• Maintain status orders up to date, closes orders timely
• Resolve system discrepancies and notify discrepancies
• Prioritize sales orders and workflow
• Validate material issue slip, work order / pick tickets
• Validate bill of material is correct, no shortages, units of measure and quantities
• Ensure achievement of operational objectives in a timely manner
• Ensure compliance of all company policies and initiatives
• Ensure continuity and maximize productivity and quality within the company guidelines
• Perform risk management to minimize delays and maintains comprehensive project documentation
• Ensure finished and semi-finished goods are tracked, labeled and stored in appropriate inventory locations
• Review sales orders and coordinate with sales team when product deficiencies occur in an effort to resolve and exceed customer expectations
• Bachelors degree in Logistics, Business Administration, or equivalent experience required
• 5+ years’ experience managing operations or production in a pharmaceutical, agribusiness or food related processing facility
• Knowledge of HACCP, SQF, Project Management and GMP is highly desired.
• High level skills, process improvement knowledge, project management, and an understanding of manufacturing & production workflow and business strategy aptitude.
• Bilingual (English & Spanish) is preferred
• Recognized operations designation as from APICS or PMI
• Hands on leader
• Fast learner and critical, independent thinker
• Excited about teaching others new processes, searches for ways to make things for efficient
Relocation support will be considered for candidates within the continental U.S.
To apply, please submit your resume to Mark Tinkler via firstname.lastname@example.org
Tree Island Steel
Scheduler / Planner
San Bernardino, CA
This position reports to the Director, Production Planning & Procurement, and is responsible for the translation of planned manufacturing demands (internal and external) into achievable production schedules and purchase plans. This demand is detailed onto specific machinery to ensure achievement of the production plan. The position acts as an intermediary between the Sales and Production teams to meet the Company’s goal of exceptional customer service. Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Translation of planned manufacturing demand onto achievable production schedules and purchase plans.
• Knowledge of basic inventory control mechanisms as it pertains to production scheduling and consumable inventories.
• Monitoring production activities and providing feedback to the production departments as to schedule reliability.
• Providing timely responses to specific order inquiries from the Sales group.
• Recognizing and expediting a solution when conflict occurs between demand and capacity.
• A comprehensive knowledge and effective usage of all scheduling, planning and data computer tools available in the Scheduling Department and the ability to use the tools in a time effective manner to achieve departmental goals.
• Other duties of a minor nature related to the above which do not affect the value of the job.
Professional Requirements and Qualifications
• An Operations Management Diploma (or equivalent).
• 2-3 years previous experience in a high volume, repetitive, manufacturing environment.
• Advanced computer skills/usage of spreadsheets, databases and analytical tools.
• Experience using MRP Systems.
• Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to work as a team member in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
• CPIM designation and Spanish or French as a second language is an asset.
Contact Maria Gallegos – email@example.com