Quality Marble & Granite
Purchasing & Logistics Specialist
Come join a successful, growing family-run business. We have a team-oriented, exciting atmosphere. Bring your experience and enthusiasm and take ownership for a wide range of responsibilities in purchasing, logistics and inventory control.
• 3-5 years’ experience in logistics, purchasing and/or supply chain management.
• Experience in distribution, warehousing and/or manufacturing.
• Experience in purchasing, replenishment, supplier management
• International Logistics – familiar with containers, ports, trucking and related documents
• Purchasing – dealing with suppliers, replenishment, quote management, negotiation, purchase orders, expediting
• Inventory Control – familiar with safety stock, reorder points, order quantities, inventory reporting and tracking, cycle counts
• Strong Excel skills
• Navigating and utilizing ERP systems, such as Stone Profit System
• Multi-tasking – managing variable work load and priorities; regular follow-up and follow-through to completion; escalation
• Effective communication – verbal, written, email, phone
• Attention to detail – accuracy, completeness
Purchasing and Planning Manager
Huntington Beach, CA
AMI Metals, Inc.
COME MAKE YOUR MARK AT AMI METALS!
AMI Metals, Inc. is a globally recognized industry leader in supplying raw materials to the aerospace industry. Check us out at www.amimetals.com.
AMI provide its’ employees with an excellent benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, paid time off, 401(k) with employer matching contribution and much more!
This position is part of an Inventory Control Team that is responsible to work both individually and as a team to ensure both the companies objectives and best practices/policies are maintained.
This will include various reviews within Excel spreadsheets and Inventory system on a daily and monthly basis, which will have an impact on different aspects of the inventory levels, planning and operations within the process flow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Daily reviews of orders reserved against material that is received on a daily basis to ensure coverage, margins and inventory best practices are being met
- Daily reviews of requests from multiple departments on various topics that will require you to make decisions with a range of importance and time sensitive topics
- Heavy email communication on a daily basis with Sales/Contracts, Operations, Quality, Purchasing (US and Europe groups)
- Analyzing large volumes of data through Excel using various formulas and pivot tables
- Team discussions to discuss dept and company goals and ideas to improve
- Nesting/grouping orders together to maximize profit, minimize cost and best utilization of material
- Heavy volume of calculations of profit, weights, conversions, etc.
- No warehouse functions and no forklift driving
- Microsoft Office –Outlook will be used to communicate with co-workers and external vendors. To include Excel to perform reviews efficiently and effectively.
- Basic math skills – Comprehension is required to add inventory, calculate sales order profits, cost vs resale and calculate material usage.
- Strong analytic skills and enjoys large volume of data to perform various reviews.
- Strong prioritizing and multi-tasking skills.
- Team player and positive attitude.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Understanding of Inventory concepts and best practices
- 3-5 years Inventory experience a plus
- Previous Aerospace Metals experience
Please include salary requirements and cover letter.
Only local applicants will be considered.
Corporate Human Resources Manager
AMI Metals, Inc.
1738 Gen. George Patton Drive | Brentwood, TN 37027
AMI Metals, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Retired or Senior buyer needed to work with material management and engineering to reduce raw material cost and train personnel