Date Posted: December 2, 2018
Company: Jensen Precast
Contact: Thomas Morales; email@example.com
Jensen Precast is celebrating its 50th anniversary as one of the largest privately owned businesses in the industry. We currently have an opening in Southern CA for a Project Manager. We are seeking qualified team players that mirror our core values of professional accountability, transparent communication, strong interpersonal skills, and collaborative team support in a safety first environment. Jensen Precast provides a competitive compensation package, opportunities for growth, ongoing industry training, and much more in our quest and dedication to providing excellent products and services to our customers.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing key projects, maintaining schedules, tracking production, tracking budgets, communicating with the customer and project engineers, and reporting to management teams. Ideal candidate would have manufacturing or construction management experience, strong leadership and organizational skills, and be highly motivated and able to work independently and along with other team members.
• Manages and coordinates all aspects of large and/or custom projects. Tracks and reports project progress from submittal stage to product installation. Provides project tracking via the Company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
• Communicates directly with production department regarding schedule requirements and changes. Communicates with customers and engineers regarding project details and schedules. Reports progress and challenges to upper management.
• Works directly with production and engineering departments to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope, schedule, and budget.
• Prepares brief sales report to be turned into the Sales Manager weekly for distribution to the entire branch.
• Communicates with outside sales teams, customers, and engineering department as needed to ensure that mutually agreed upon contract clearly specifies terms and conditions and all products requested clearly specify requirements per drawings, and plans to ensure the estimates are 100% accurate for each particular project to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and per deadline. Communicates directly with customers on date product can be manufactured and ready for delivery, changes to orders, add ons, and any other issues that may arise during manufacturing process. Communicates with customer and dispatch to ensure delivering date is scheduled per customer needs and product is ready to be delivered as requested. Communicates directly or through subordinates with outside sales teams, production, delivery, and yard departments to determine proper process flow to ultimately manufacture quality products and on time deliveries. Obtains project site specifications and safety standards to communicate with dispatch for off loading products, and understanding hazards for crane operators.
• Manages the work order process to provide accurate work orders and drawings for production.
• Produces an accurate bill of materials (BOM) for precast concrete structures being planned for production. Inputs the BOM into the current manufacturing software to reflect an accurate accounting of the cost associated with each product being manufactured on a job by job basis. Manages project take-offs and estimating for projects in the planning and bidding stages.
• Participates in entertainment functions with customers â€“ lunches, etc. as authorized. Participates in trade shows as directed. Participates in seminars and classes as offered to improve product knowledge and/or personal skills.
Four year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Between 2 and 5 years
Licenses and Professional Certifications
Driver’s License – Required
Project Management Professional – Preferred
3 years of related experience, preferably in the construction industry
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Construction, or 2+ years experience in construction management
Basic understanding of dispatch and logistics function
Experience in strategic planning and business development
Proficient in database administration and computer programs related to sales and customer service
Proficient with Microsoft Office (Email, Spreadsheet, Word Processor)
Strong communications skills to include both verbal and written communication
Working knowledge of Precast products and/or experience in Construction related field
Date Posted: July 19, 2018
Logistics & Transportation Manager
Company: Woodland Hills, CA
Contact: Monica Hansen;
The Logistics & Transportation Analyst will support the Supply Chain team with financial and operations based analytics, utilizing various tools and quantitative methods to understand, predict and enhance supply chain processes and overall performance. The key responsibility will be to provide end to end visibility of transportation performance and cost. This includes assembling and analyzing data, identifying trends and problems, performing root cause analysis, and presenting recommendations to supply chain leadership to support key initiatives and drive out cost in our daily operation.
To post a job, please fill out the form below and click on “SUBMIT” button.